St. Sebastian Gospel of Life Committee Mission Statement
The Gospel of Life Committee, as a Catholic Christian organization, recognizes JESUS as the cornerstone of society. Our mission is to foster understanding and raise awareness of Gospel of Life issues, and to promote participation in activities that support the sanctity of human life and the dignity of the human person from conception until natural death.
On his visit to the U.S., Pope Francis said the following to Congress:
“The Golden Rule also reminds us of our responsibility to protect and defend human life at every stage of its development. I am convinced that this way is the best, since every life is sacred, every human person is endowed with an inalienable dignity.”
Some of the activities we’ve done are:
Participated in the national ‘Life Chain’-a visible sign to motorists of our prayerful stand for life—each October.
Participated in ’40 Days for Life’-keeping a prayerful, peaceful vigil outside of the former “American Family Planning” abortion clinic (which has since closed down.)
Sold prolife Calendars and Christmas cards.
Gathered signatures for the “No Taxes for Abortion Insurance” petition in MI
Sponsored speakers at different times on “Facing Life Issues with a Correct Conscience”, and “Respecting the Sacredness of Life at Journey’s End”
Provided “Choose Life” luminaries to remember the unborn each January 22.
Participated in public protests of Planned Parenthood, also the HHS mandate…
Addressed the youth group on becoming educated in the life issues.
Update the parish on prolife events in the ARROW…
COME JOIN US !!!
Gospel of Life Websites
General Information about Life Issues
- National Right to Life – http://www.nrclc.org/
- Michigan Right to Life – http://www.rtl.org/
- Dearborn Area Right to Life – http://www.dearbornrtl.org
- 40 Days for Life – http://www.40daysforlife.com
- Priests for Life: - http://www.priestsforlife.org/
Websites and information coming directly from the Church
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops - http://usccb.org/
- Michigan Catholic Conference – http:www.micatholicconference.org
- Humane Vitae – http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_vi/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-vi_enc_25071968_humanae-vitae_en.html
Resources for Women
- Project Rachel – http://www.hopeafterabortion.com/index.cfm
- Rachel’s Vineyard – http://www.rachelsvineyard.org
- Terri’s fight – http://www.terrisfight.org/
Robert Powell Center for Medical Ethics – http://www.nrlc.org/medethics/